Last fall, amid amid the releases of 2012's Old Ideas and the contempo Popular Problems, Leonard Cohen played nine shows in the U.K. and Ireland, including two dates at Dublin's 02 Arena. "I'm not absolutely accessible to adhere up my battle gloves just yet," he told the crowd against the alpha of his one of his Dublin sets. "I don't apperceive if we'll accommodated again, but tonight we'll accord you aggregate we've got."
Related Leonard Cohen on Longevity, Money, Poetry and Sandwiches
Cohen, it angry out, fabricated acceptable on his promise, and now the additional of those gigs is getting appear as a triple-disc CD/DVD/Blu-ray set dubbed Leonard Cohen Live in Dublin. Above, watch the accompanist accomplish "Come Healing," one of Old Ideas' a lot of arresting tracks. In this version, a leash of advancement singers advance the way, and if Cohen enters, he sings the song about in a whisper, bottomward down on his knees as if praying in a abbey pew.
Almost absolutely a year later, the allegorical songwriter visited L.A. to examination Popular Problems and altercate – a part of added added things – the achievability of abiding to the road. Apparently, he's still befitting his gloves abutting by: "I'll accept addition attempt or two at it if I go on the alley – if I go on the road," the now 80-year-old said, apropos to new clue "Born in Chains." "The alley is beckoning. I apperceive if I run that song down in concert two-or-three-hundred times, I'm traveling to get it."
Leonard Cohen Live in Dublin can be pre-ordered here.
No hay comentarios :